It’s what’s for LUNCH
Sometimes I get a little bored with tuna, salad, or pita’s for lunch. I decided to throw something together that was a little different from my norm! This lunch consisted of shredded chicken breast, cabbage, mushrooms, peppers, mozzerella cheese……yummo!
When I was at the grocery store this week, I noticed that cabbage was crazy cheap! Maybe it’s always inexpensive? But the sign that said .54 cents caught my eye. I thought to myself, “I can make a ton of stuff with that huge head of cabbage!” So, I planned my menu this week around cabbage!:) I made fish with cabbage, soup with cabbage, chicken with cabbage. Who knew there was so much to be made with cabbage!?
This is my recipe for Chicken with Cabbage:
|Shredded Chicken with Cabbage||
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken (I make my chicken on Sunday in a slow cooker and use for about three days for lunch and dinner)
- 5 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 mini peppers, chopped (any color)
- 1 cup cabbage
- ¼ cup shredded mozzerella cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Drizzle the olive oil in a saute pan. Once it heats up a little, add veggies to pan and saute for about 7-10 minutes or until veggies are tender. Add shredded chicken and heat for a few more minutes. Once chicken is hot, sprinkle cheese on top. Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!